1. A Newport Beach City Council hopeful was nearing the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday when two bombs exploded; click here to read his story.
2. William Burke, who serves on the California Coastal Commission and as chairman of the South Coast Air Quality Management District, resigned in a letter released this week; read our story here. Also this week, two Orange County legislators sent a letter to the state attorney general, claiming that Burke’s two positions were in conflict and that he should give up the AQMD post; read that story here. Burke declined, through an email from his assistant, to be interviewed or comment.
3. A dispute in a home on Goldenrod Avenue this week left a woman injured and forced the evacuation of nearby homes until a man was taken into custody; read our story here. Police Chief Jay Johnson said that officers believed the man they arrested had a gun, and that he surrendered when a police dog went to the door of the home he was in.
4. The Corona del Mar Annual Town Meeting was held Wednesday at Sherman Library & Gardens; read more here.
5. Members of the Corona del Mar Residents Association board learned about local wildlife at a meeting Thursday at the OASIS Senior Center; read more here.