1. Fire rings at beaches throughout Orange and Los Angeles counties could be banned by January 2015, but the decision could be delayed from a May meeting of the South Coast Air Quality Management District board until a June meeting. Read all our fire rings coverage from the week here, here, here and here.
2. A Farmers & Merchants Bank branch could open this summer after years of construction at MacArthur Boulevard and East Coast Highway; read more here.
3. A teacher and five parent volunteers were honored this week at the Corona del Mar High School Honorary Service Awards ceremony; read our story here.
4. Corona del Mar will soon have a California Closets and a Planet Beauty shop; read more here.
5. If you’ve ever noticed a life-size fake cow in the yard of a Larkspur Avenue home and wanted to know the back story, our correspondent Susan Hoffman has the scoop — read more here.