1. The Corona del Mar High School Orchesis Dance Company’s annual spring show, “Turning Back Time,” will run through Saturday at the Newport Harbor High School Loats Theater at 600 Irvine Ave. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased online; click here for more information.
2. Friends of the OASIS Center will host their monthly pancake breakfast from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday. Pancakes, syrup, sausages, coffee, milk and juice will be served, and tickets cost $4 per adult and $2 per child. OASIS is located at Fifth and Marguerite avenues.
3. Roger’s Gardens will host My Edible Garden with Steve Hampson from 9 to 10 a.m. Saturday. Hampson is a horticulturalist who will discuss the warm-season vegetables you should plan now, advice for planting citrus and avocados, controlling insects in citrus and how to grow blueberries in SoCal. The Bite Me food truck also will be on hand both Saturday and Sunday. Roger’s Gardens is located at 2301 San Joaquin Hills Road.
4. Crystal Cove State Park will host three free hikes and walks on Sunday. At 8 a.m., you can join a Spring Bird Walk, and at 1 p.m. there will be an Ancient Volcanos Hike; both meet at the Moro Amphitheater. At 2 p.m. you can take a guided Tidepool Walk that meets at Pelican Point Lot #2 at the top of the boardwalk. The events are free, but there is a $15 day-use parking fee.
5. The Top Dog Barkery at 924 Avocado Ave. will host its first “Yappy Hour” at 7 p.m. tonight, featuring a top trainer who will share dog-training tips, along with appetizers and free doggy treat samples. To R.S.V.P., call
the shop at (949) 759-3647.