1. Construction of a left-turn signal light at Marguerite Avenue and East Coast Highway began this week, and city officials warn that traffic delays are likely until the work is complete in April. Read our stories here and here.
2. Harbor View Elementary School parents and its principal discussed truancy issues at the school at a Parent Faculty Organization meeting this week; read our story here.
3. The Newport Beach City Council decided to take no action on lot mergers this week and instead will hold a study session on the topic; read our story here.
4. Police volunteers have begun helping city code enforcement officers in identifying residents who violate city trash regulations, beginning in Corona del Mar; read our story here.
5. The Orange Coast Winery has applied for an alcohol license for a tasting room planned for the former John Blom photography studio; read our story here.