1. Corona del Mar saw two injury crashes this week, including a crash Tuesday when a man was critically injured when a taxi struck him at MacArthur Boulevard and East Coast Highway; read our stories here and here. On Thursday at East Coast Highway and Jasmine Avenue, a vehicle-bicyclist collision sent one person to Hoag Hospital; read our story here.
2. The Corona del Mar Starbucks is planning a patio remodel that will add a fire pit — but that means the shop could be closed for as long as three weeks later this month; read our story here.
3. A new security fence was installed this week at Harbor View Elementary School; read our story here.
4. The city’s Parks, Beaches & Recreation Commission this week approved the removal of a pine tree in the 200 block of Heliotrope Avenue, despite an appeal by a couple who can remember when the entire block was lined with pines; read our story here.
5. The city’s Bicycle Safety Committee didn’t hold a meeting as scheduled this month while it waits for the City Council to re-approve it and appoint members; read our story here.