1. Corona del Mar High School presents “Carrie, the Musical” at 7 p.m. tonight and Saturday (as well as Jan. 31 and Feb. 1-2) in the school’s Little Theater. Tickets are $10 and $15; click here to order tickets online.
2. Head to the Central Library from 11 a.m. to noon Saturday for a Family Concert with the woodwind trio Ceora Winds, which will introduce kids to classical music in a “Telling a Story with Song” program. The free concert will teach kids about woodwind instruments and “true ensemble playing,” according to a news release. The concert is funded by donations from the Friends of the Library and is free to the public, but seating is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Parents must accompany children. The concert will be held in the Friends Room of the Central Library at 1000 Avocado Ave. For more information, call (949) 717-3870.
3. From 9 to 10 a.m. Saturday, Roger’s gardens will host “How to Grow Great Citrus in Southern California,” with experts Ron Vanderhoff and David Rizzo discussing everything you need to know to grow healthy citrus plants. Roger’s Gardens also will host food trucks this weekend, with Red Robin scheduled for Saturday and Waffle-icious scheduled for Sunday. Roger’s Gardens is located at 2301 San Joaquin Hills Road.
4. Crystal Cove State Park will host two hikes on Saturday — a nature hike at 9 a.m. and a full moon hike at 6:30 p.m. Both hikes meet at the Moro amphitheater. The hikes are guided and free, but there are parking fees at state park lots.
5. Restaurant Week continues through Sunday, with more than 70 restaurants featuring lunch and dinner specials, typically with three offerings per course. Lunch menus are priced at $10, $15 or $20, and dinners are $20, $30 or $40. About a dozen Corona del Mar restaurants are participating. To see menus and for more information, click here.