1. The Port Theater will go before the Planning Commission on Thursday and ask for permission to serve alcohol — a move that has been gaining community support; read our story here.
2. After five months, the California Coastal Commission has accepted a Newport Beach application to remove beach fire rings and could schedule a hearing in March; read our story here.
3. Harbor View Elementary School’s principal was drenched with Gatorade this week to celebrate students’ fundraising efforts for the school’s Jog-A-Thon; read our story here.
4. A Sweet Lady Jane Bakery moved a step closer to opening in Corona del Mar after a Zoning Administrator hearing this week; read our story here.
5. The Corona del Mar Christmas Walk will take place Sunday; read more here.