CdM Students Advance in PTA Arts Contest

posted: November 18th, 2012 06:19 am | 0No Comments

Several Corona del Mar High School and Middle School students were winners at the Harbor Council Level in the Reflections art contest, according to a PTA email.

The Reflections program is a national PTA-sponsored program that supports the arts in education. This year’s theme was “The Magic of a Moment.”

In the visual arts category, Narcisse Izadi placed second in the high school level for “Free Eyes,” and Lynn Fong placed first in the middle school level for “A Moment of Reunion.”

In the photography category, Amanda Penna placed second in the high school level. In literature, Madeleine Francis placed first at the high school level for “At Last,” and Hannah Schoenbaum placed second in the middle school level for “Little Dog Big Difference.”

In the film category, Cole Friedman placed first in the high school level, and Hannah Schoenbaum placed first in the middle school level for “The Magic of Friendship.”

In the music category, Jared Eckenweiler place first in the high school level for “Everyday,” and Tatyana Buchwald placed first in the middle school level for “Peace and Happiness.”

In the dance choreography category, Kensey Conti place first in the high school level, and Michelle Billett placed first in the middle school level.

First-place winners advance to the countywide competition.

All the Corona del Mar winners will have their works displayed at the school during the Springs Reflections ceremony.

No comments.