1. St. Mark Presbyterian Church is hosting its 29th annual Alternative Christmas Market from 10:30 a.m. to noon Sunday. Choose from 23 local and international charities selling handicrafts, jewelry, children’s items and more. Credit cards will be accepted, gift cards will be available and all funds raised will go to participating charities. A peasant lunch also will be available in support of the Presbyterian Hunger Program. The church at MacArthur Boulevard at San Joaquin Hills Road. Call (949) 644-1341 or click here for more information.
2. The Central Library will host a free Sunday Musicale concert featuring harpist Kate Loughrey from 3 to 4 p.m. Sunday. Loughrey is known for her versatility, playing classical, jazz, pop and folk music. The library is located at 1000 Avocado Ave.
3. Roger’s Gardens will host Hot New Perennials with Dalia from 9 to 10 a.m. Saturday, featuring horticulturist Dalia Brunner. Brunner will discuss hardy, new perennials and how to cut back and maintain them. Roger’s Gardens also will host glass-blowing demonstrations by Ibrahim Amer of the Egyptian Museum from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Amer is considered one of the best glassblowers in Egypt, and he will demonstrate his skills by blowing German Pyrex and glass tubes and creating ornaments. Roger’s Gardens also will host the Chomp Chomp Nation food truck on Saturday and the Waffle-icious truck on Sunday. Roger’s Gardens is located at 2301 San Joaquin Hills Road.
4. Have you been naughty — or nice? Time to head to Fashion Island and discuss things with Santa, who will be available for photos in his custom home on the Atrium Lawn through Dec. 24. This year, visitors can avoid lines by signing up for a Santa Sleigh Pass. You can call 1-855-20-SANTA (855-207-2682), text “OCSANTA” to (714) 333-1234, or visit Santa’s House and register there, and when it’s your turn, an elf will contact you. For more information, call (949) 721-2000 or click here.
5. Crystal Cove State Park is offering a free guided Family Nature Hike at 9 a.m. Sunday; meet at the Moro day-use lot by the amphitheater. There is a $15 day-use parking fee for state lots.