1. The Port Halloween Party — also known as Port Palooza Halloween — will take place from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday. The event is aimed at families with kids from toddlers to early teens and will feature pumpkin decorating, costume contests, carnival games, balloon art, face painting and a Halloween-themed movie. There also will be a raffle for adults with prizes donated by local businesses. Tickets are $10 per person, or $35 for four people, and may be purchased online in advance — which is recommended in case of a sellout. The Port Theater is located at 2905 East Coast Highway.
2. A Newport Beach-sponsored Memorial Bike Ride will take place beginning at 8 a.m. Sunday near Whole Foods at Fashion Island. The ride, which already has more than 500 registered participants, is open to all ages and will pay tribute to two victims of bicycle crashes in September. The ride also is raising money for a city Bike Safety Improvement Fund. For more information, visit the event website.
3. The Orange County Rose Society’s annual Bounty of Roses show will be held Saturday and Sunday at Roger’s Gardens. The show, one of the largest rose shows in the state, will feature hundreds of blooms grown by some of the nation’s top rosarians, according to Roger’s website, which calls the show the “rose event of the year.” Entries will be received (and novice rosarians are encouraged to enter) from 7 to 9:45 a.m. Saturday, and the show will be open to the public from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday and from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. Also from 9 to 10 a.m. Saturday, Roger’s Gardens will host Fall Planting with Renee Shepherd, who is a seed expert who will discuss what and when to plant. Roger’s will host the Chomp Chomp Nation food truck on Saturday and Lime Truck on Sunday. Roger’s Gardens is located at 2301 San Joaquin Hills Road.
4. Happy anniversary, Recycled Rags! To celebrate 43 years in business, Recycled Rags’ monthly parking lot party will have special features this Sunday, including random drawings throughout the day for $100 gift certificates and treats from Zinc Cafe & Market and Rose Bakery Cafe as well as hot dogs and coffees. The event will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 2731 East Coast Highway, and items in parking lot racks will be discounted by 40 percent. For more information call (949) 675-5553.
5. Rothschild’s Restaurant will host an art exhibit and sale from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday featuring award-winning plein air artist Jim Wodark. The show is called “From the Mountains to the Ocean,” a title that reflects the Colorado-born artist’s path to Orange County where he now lives and works. Several recent pieces of his work will be displayed, and complimentary refreshments will be served. Organizers ask that you RSVP if you plan to attend my calling (949) 673-3750. Rothschild’s is located at 2407 East Coast Highway.