1. Get ready for fall at the Environmental Nature Center, where the annual Fall Faire & Pumpkin Patch will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. The event, which is the ENC’s biggest fundraiser, includes live music, a scavenger hunt, crafts, games and activities for kids as well as pumpkins and native plants available for purchase. The event is free and draws about 3,000 people each year, organizers said. The ENC is located at 1601 16th Street near Newport Harbor High School. For more information, call (949) 645-8489.
2. Roger’s Gardens will be hosting food trucks this weekend, featuring the Lobsta truck on Saturday and Piaggio on Sunday. Roger’s Gardens is located at 2301 San Joaquin Hills Road.
3. Mayor Nancy Gardner is hosting a Paddle With the Mayor event at 9 a.m. Saturday, where local paddle boarders, kayakers, canoeists and other water sport enthusiasts can travel a 3.75-mile route. Meet at China Cove (and bring your own watercraft and safety gear), and the mayor will lead a tour around Balboa Island and back again. The ride will last about and hour and a half, and participants may join along the way. Light refreshments will be served on China Cove beach when the group returns — and if you don’t feel like paddling, you are welcome to join the group there at about 10:30 a.m.
4. It’s will be a busy weekend at Crystal Cove State Park, with several hikes and a Great Plein Air Art Experience event planned. The Great Plein Air Experience will take place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.; make a reservation by visiting the Crystal Cove Alliance website. Class sizes are limited, and the cost is $75 for adults 16 and older, and $60 for Alliance members. There will be a Geology Walk at 9 a.m. Saturday; meet at the Los Trancos lot trailer. There also will be a guided walk through the Historic District at 10 a.m.; meet at the bluff top deck near the reservation office. At 3 p.m. Sunday, there will be a Tidepool Walk when the tide falls to a low of -0.3; meet at amphitheater at the Moro day-use lot. The walks are free, but there is a $15 day-use parking fee. Click here for more information.
5. Have you stopped by Whole Foods Market at Fashion Island yet? If not, head over between 3 and 6 p.m. today for a sample as OM Cocktail debuts its Wild Cranberry Blood Orange blend at Southern California Whole Foods stores. From 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, Whole Foods’ Back Bay Tavern will feature free live music.