1. Roger’s Gardens’ 2012 Christmas Boutique– with 25 decorate trees of different themes, along with pillows, toys, gifts, music boxes and more — is now open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Also, from 2 to 3 p.m. Saturday, Chef Nena Niessen will host a seminar called “Benefits of Butternut Squash,” which will take a look at the beta-caroten, potassium and calcium rich vegetable while she makes one of her favorite butternut squash soups. Roger’s Gardens also will host food trucks this weekend, with the KogiBBQ truck scheduled for Saturday and the SoHo Taco scheduled for Sunday. Roger’s Gardens is located at 2301 San Joaquin Hills Road.
2. The Central Library will host a free Sunday Musicale concert featuring classical guitarist Joseph Yashar, who will play musical masterpieces from the Renaissance, Baroque and Classical periods. The concert, which will run from 3 to 4 p.m., also will include Yashar’s own compositions as well as Spanish and Latin pieces. According to the library’s website, Yashar began playing at 12 years old and mostly has taught himself. The library is located at 1000 Avocado Ave.
3. Newport Beach firefighters will kick off Fire Prevention Week with an Open House from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Santa Ana Heights Fire Station. Station tours, activities, displays and demonstrations on fire prevention and safety awareness all will be part of this year’s theme — “Have 2 Ways Out,” city officials said. The Santa Ana Heights Fire Station is located at 20401 Acacia Street.
4. Crystal Cove State Park will host a free guided family hike at 9 a.m. Saturday. Meet at the amphitheater in the Moro day-use lot. There is a $15 day-use parking fee in state lots.
5. Corona del Mar’s SCAPE gallery will host an artist reception from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday for Carin Gerard, whose work will be exhibited through Nov. 5. The gallery is located at 2859 East Coast Highway; call (949) 273-3406 for more information.