1. The person responsible for dumping dirty adult diapers along East Coast Highway for more than a year could be a 67-year-old Newport Coast resident, Laguna Beach police said this week; read our story here.
2. The Petit Bateau restaurant has closed, but will reopen soon with new owners; read our story here.
3. The California Coastal Commission has sent a second notice of an incomplete application to the City of Newport Beach regarding the city’s request to remove beach fire rings; read our story here.
4. Corona del Mar Middle School welcomed Japanese exchange students at a Friday assembly; read our story here.
5. Crews removed a carob tree on Orchid Avenue this week, and a city official said an arborist would be inspecting other trees in Corona del Mar to check for signs of disease; read our story here.