1. The 24th Annual City of Newport Beach Surf Championships will be held from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at 54th Street or 56th Street, depending on the waves.
2. The 34th Annual Lido Yacht Expo is underway today through Sunday, with 250 yachts on display in the Lido Marina Village. The show, which organizers say is the largest in-the-water collection of “large, luxurious yachts” in the entire Western U.S.,” runs until 7 p.m. tonight, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $15 for adults and free for children 12 years old and younger. For more information, including parking and shuttle information, click here.
3. Roger’s Gardens will host “My Edible Garden in October” from 9 to 10 a.m. Saturday. David Rizzo, a well-regarded horticulturist, will lead a discussion on “everything edible,” from veggies, herbs, fruits and more, emphasizing cool-season crops to plant, such as potatoes. Roger’s Gardens also will host the Lobsta Truck food truck on Saturday.
4. Crystal Cove State Park will host two guided hikes on Saturday. A Coastal Geology Walk will meet at 9 a.m., and a Full Moon Hike will meet at 7 p.m., both at the amphitheater in the Moro day-use area. The hikes are free, but there is a $15 day-use fee for parking in state lots.
5. Recycled Rags is holding its monthly parking lot sale from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at 2731 East Coast Highway. In addition to all the merchandise inside the store, racks will be set up in the parking lot with prices cut as much as 40 percent, and refreshments will be available. For more information call (949) 675-5553.