1. The Corona del Mar Coastline Car Classic will take place Sunday at Big Corona State Beach, featuring a fly-by by a World War II bomber during the 11 a.m. opening ceremony along with hundreds of cars, live entertainment, food and beverages and more. The show will open to the public at 10 a.m. and cost $15 per person and free for kids under 12. Click here to read about last year’s event.
2. Corona del Mar Community Church will hold a “Blessing of the Backpacks” ceremony at 10 a.m. Sunday at 611 Heliotrope Ave. You don’t need to be a church member to attend — just bring your backpack as part of the annual start-of-school event. Call (949) 644-7400 for more information.
3. Head to the Central Library for a free concert from 3 to 4 p.m. Sunday, featuring the chamber music trio Triple Entendre. The group features oboist Jonathan Marzluf, flautist Lisa Yamamoto and pianist Kevin Garnica, who will play selections including Bach movies scores and pop. The library is located at 1000 Avocado Ave.
4. The Orange County Museum of Art is hosting a Free Second Sunday this weekend from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. This month, the event will celebrate Grandparents Day. Hands-on art projects co-presented by the Girl Scouts of Orange County will be featured throughout the day, with interactive book reading at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m., a silhouette artist from noon to 3 p.m., a 2:30 p.m. performance by the Girl Scout Folklorico Dancing Troop and more. Gallery tours also will be available, and the Soho Taco Truck will be onsite from =11 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, click here. The museum is located at 850 San Clemente Drive; call (949) 759-1122 for more information.
5. Friends of the OASIS Center will host their monthly pancake breakfast from 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday. Pancakes, syrup, sausages, coffee, milk and juice will be served, and tickets cost $4 per adult and $2 per child. OASIS is located at Fifth and Marguerite avenues.