1. County health officials are cracking down on dogs at the Corona del Mar Farmers Market; read our story here.
2. Harbor View Elementary School fourth-grader Vanis Buckholz has a business that reduces trash in Corona del Mar, helps needy kids — and is helping him save up for a race car; read our story here.
3. Roger’s Gardens annual Halloween boutique is officially open — and we stopped by to take a peek; read our story here.
4. Future Corona del Mar High School cheerleaders attended a Sea Queen camp this week to learn some moves; read our story here.
5. School starts Tuesday, and Corona del Mar High School’s pool lot will now have separate entrances for those dropping off and those who want to park; read our story here.