1. The Corona del Mar High School football team’s home opener will kick off at 7 p.m. toinght at Davidson Field against Laguna Hills Chronic Tacos will be available, and participants from the Little Sea Queen Cheer and Song camp will perform. The field is located at Newport Harbor High School.
2. Roger’s Gardens opened its Halloween Boutique to the public today, filling it with creepy plants, hats, dishes, decorations, pumpkins, candy and more. At 9 a.m. Saturday, Roger’s will host the September “My Edible Garden” lecture. And food trucks will be on hand this weekend, with Panfiniti scheduled for Saturday and Garlicscapes on Sunday. Roger’s Gardens is located at 2301 San Joaquin Hills Road.
3. The Central Library will host a family story time from 10:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday, with stories, songs and a craft designed for children between 3 and 7 years old who bring along an adult. The library is located at 1000 Avocado Ave.
4. Have you checked out the New Port Theater? Today at 5:15 p.m. the theater will show “Grease,” and at 8 p.m. there will be a showing of “The Godfather III.” At 10 a.m. Saturday the theater will show Saturday morning cartoons with all you can eat cereal, then “Grease” at 1:30 and 8 p.m. The theater will show the USC-Hawaii game at 4:30 p.m. At 10 a.m. Sunday, more morning cartoons with cereal will be shown, then “Grease” at 1:30 and 8 p.m. and “Godfather III” at 4:10 p.m.
5. It’s the last weekend before school starts — go to the beach!