1. A China Cove slope repair project should begin this September; read our story here.
2. Harbor View Elementary School’s interim principal is in place, and parents can attend a Tuesday meeting to let district officials know what they want to see in a permanent principal; read our story here.
3. The Phoenician Stone shop closed two years ago after federal agents served a search warrant and seized property — and the owner says he still doesn’t understand why; read our story here.
4. Dredging operators damaged a sewer line off Bayside Drive this week, causing 2,800 gallons of sewage to spill into the bay and closing the water to swimming and other water sports as well as forcing crews to manually pump sewage at Balboa Island; read our story here.
5. Johnny’s New York Pizza, which opened in Corona del Mar last summer, will open its second location in the Bluffs shopping center; read our story here.