1. California Coastal Commission staff sent a letter to the City of Newport Beach, seeking answers to several questions before they can proceed with an application to remove beach fire rings; read our story here.
2. Newport Beach Junior Guards participated in the annual Monster Mile run-swim event; read our story here.
3. A Los Angeles radio personality hosted a cash mob for the financially strapped Toy Boat Toy Boat Toy Boat shop on East Coast Highway this week, drawing in hundreds of customers who bought hundreds of toys; read our story here. The event was a success and could keep the store in business; read our story here.
4. B.Candy has vacated its former space at 3617 East Coast Highway in preparation for a move to a new and larger location down the street later this summer — and a new Lululemon Ivivva shop for girls’ athletic wear is planning to take its place on Aug. 9; read our stories here and here.
5. Sharrows won’t be added to East Coast Highway before fall at the earliest; read our story here.