1. Sota, a new sushi restaurant, is scheduled to open tonight in the former Gen Kai space; read our story here.
2. A group of Corona del Mar High School students left this week for Japan as part of a 29-year-old exchange program; read our story here.
3. Corona del Mar Florist’s window display showing a bike magically floating through the glass has drawn a lot of attention; read our story here.
4. A city traffic study on East Coast Highway between Acacia Avenue and MacArthur has not resulted in a lot of feedback, city officials said; read our story here.
5. At Tuesday’s meeting, the Newport Beach City Council will consider whether sharrow markings should be added for cyclists in Corona del Mar; read our story here.