1. The Newport Beach City Council approved a controversial Ocean Boulevard lot merger at a meeting on Tuesday — but not before audience members yelled and called names and a police officer intervened; read our story here.
2. A traffic study that moves the squeeze lane on East Coast Highway near MacArthur Boulevard was installed this week. The study is a prerequisite for an entryway beautification project. Read our stories here and here.
3. The Port Theater has applied for a city permit that would allow eating, drinking, dancing and live entertainment; read our story here.
4. Will Corona del Mar’s Christmas decorations get a new look this year? The CdM Business Improvement District is considering a few changes; read our story here.
5. A seven-car crash on East Coast Highway at Morning Canyon Road on Monday blocked traffic for two hours; read our story here.