1. The 8th Annual Art in the Park will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at Mariners Park at the corner of Irvine Avenue and Dover Drive. The event, organized by the city’s Arts Foundation, will feature arts and crafts on display and available for purchase and a chance to meet the artists. Refreshments will be available.
2. Roger’s Gardens will host “Exotic Plants with Mike Craib” from 9 to 10 a.m. Saturday. Craib, a sales representative for Suncrest Nurseries, Inc., is both a botanist and horticulturist who is always on the lookout for rare plans in retail nurseries from San Diego to San Francisco. Roger’s Gardens also will host a Rare Plant Show & Contest this weekend. Entries are due between 8:30 and 11 a.m. Saturday, and you must be an amateur entering no more than five plans in containers 16 inches in diameter or smaller. Gift card prizes will be given to the top three entries after judging about noon Saturday, and the plans will be displayed throughout the weekend. Roger’s Garden also will host the Lobsta Truck on Saturday, and the Seabirds and Hubert’s Lemonade trucks on Sunday. Roger’s Gardens is located at 2301 San Joaquin Hills Road.
3. The 32nd season of the Baroque Music Festival Corona del Mar will open Sunday, featuring five concerts held over eight days. Sunday’s concert will include music by Bach, Vivaldi, Telemann and more and will take place at 4 p.m. at Saint Michael & All Angels Church at 3233 Pacific View Drive. On Wednesday and Friday, Sherman Library & Gardens will host concerts. For more information or to order tickets, visit the event website or call (949) 760-7887.
4. Head to the Corona del Mar Farmers Market at Marguerite Avenue and Bayside Drive to check out summer produce.
5. Don’t forget: Sunday is Father’s Day.