1. Stunned Corona del Mar residents watched as Newport Beach held four people at gunpoint in the Baja Fresh parking lot on Wednesday following a report of a robbery in Laguna Beach. But the robbery turned out to be the theft of a stuffed bee. Read our story here.
2. A pack of three wild pit bulls attacked a mom and her son Friday morning near Newport Coast Drive and East Coast Highway, then turned on police who responded to the scene, attacking the car with the officer inside. Police eventually killed all three dogs and continue to try to locate their owner; read our story here.
3. The Big Corona Beach concessions stand reopened this week, more than a year and a half after the last operator moved out; read our story here.
4. Two Corona del Mar High School seniors and Harbor View Elementary graduates were named this year’s Brad Evans Scholarship winners; read our story here.
5. Donated benches in Newport Beach won’t have expiration dates and renewal fees, but the city may ask for a maintenance fee on future donated items; read our story here.