1. Newport Beach officials have sent an invoice to the Obama campaign, seeking reimbursement of more than $35,000 in costs from the president’s fundraising breakfast in Corona del Mar in February; read our story here.
2. The Big Corona Beach concessions stand failed to be open in time for Memorial Day, but Newport Beach officials scrambled and were able to line up food trucks for the holiday weekend; read our stories here and here.
3. The Corona del Mar Christmas Walk will receive $6,000 in city funds, the Newport Beach City Council decided at a meeting this week. Read about the other special event funding decisions in our stories here and here.
4. A traffic study that will temporarily move the squeeze lane where East Coast Highway reduces from three lanes to two could begin in July, or it could wait until Spring 2013; read our stories here and here.
5. A new activewear boutique opened this week in Corona del Mar in the former I Heart Puppies space; read our story here.