1. Nearly 2 1/2 years after a city bicycle safety task force first discussed adding sharrow markings along East Coast Highway in Corona del Mar, the city’s Bicycle Safety Committee on Monday voted yes on the idea and will send the matter to City Council for consideration; read our story here.
2. The Shake Shack soon could be serving beer and wine along with the famous date shakes; read our story here.
3. A controversial Ocean Boulevard lot merger decision was delayed again after a two-hour hearing at Tuesday’s City Council meeting; read our story here.
4. About 18,000 runners cruised through Corona del Mar at the start of this year’s OC Marathon; read our story here.
5. Algae-covered pools of water in Lower Buck Gully have some nearby residents concerned about mosquitos, although city officials say there are no signs of the pests there now; read our story here.