1. The Newport Beach Parks, Beaches & Recreation Commission wants to put a five-year expiration date on all donated benches in the city, but they need to vote until a June meeting when staff will return with a plan; read our story here.
2. Harbor View Elementary School students took over the Goldenrod Footbridge this week, painting canvases that will be auctioned later this month at a school fundraiser; read our story here.
3. The OC Marathon will take place Sunday, with racers running the first few miles of the course through Corona del Mar and street closures and parking restrictions in place beginning tonight; read our story here.
4. Harbor View Elementary School staff, teachers and students honored their longtime custodian at a Friday Flag Deck ceremony for putting out a car fire that he was driving past. His efforts may have prevented the fire from spreading to a nearby home; read our story here.
5. CDM Doors will close its East Coast Highway storefront at the end of this month; read our story here.